18 Apr How to enable Instagram Product Tagging for your Business
Instagram Product Tagging is a feature Instagram Business Accounts have that allows them to tag products in posts & link them to their website, so the visitors can make a purchase just with a few clicks.
I personally believe every Product-Selling Business should have this feature enabled on their Instagram Profile.
HOW TO ENABLE
Step 1 – Setting Up
- Have a Facebook Account & A Facebook Business Page created
- Set Up a Facebook Business Manager Account
- Have a Business Instagram Account or switch to one
- Have a website / E-commerce platform where you sell your products ( Etsy works too , I did not test Amazon yet ).
Step 2 – Connecting the Accounts
- Connect your Facebook Page to your Instagram Profile by going to Edit Profile – Pages, as well as to Settings – Account – Linked Accounts – Facebook
- Go to Business Manager – Business Settings – Page – Make sure you are listed as an admin
- Go to the same page, but – Instagram Accounts – and log into your Instagram Account
Step 3 – Create a Catalog
- Go to Business Settings – Assets – Catalogs
- Click ‘Create a Catalog’
- Pick the option ‘ E-commerce ‘
Step 4 – Add Products
- First way: Install a Facebook Pixel to Add Products ( not recommended for Businesses with less than 50 Products ).
- Second way: Data Feeds – Download a CSV Template, Open it in Google Sheets, Fill it out, Save it as a CSV File, Click Upload Once into the Business Manager, Upload it to the Catalog
- Third way: Add Products Manually by Clicking ‘ Add Manually ‘ and filling out all the details & Adding a Picture
Step 5 – Wait
- Wait for Instagram to Approve your Instagram Product Tagging Feature
- The wait can take up to two weeks
- If it takes longer, check your Business Manager for any errors & fix them
- If they can’t be fixed, try again setting everything up from the beginning
- Contact me for help at email@example.com
How you know when you have been approved
- When you sign into your Instagram Profile, you should get a notification at the top of the Profile saying ‘ Start Tagging Now ‘
- If you don’t, go check yourself by clicking Settings – Business – Shopping
- Pick out the Catalog from there that you’ve added the products into
- Go to your posts, click Edit & Tag Products, then select a product to tag and click Save ( do the same when you create a new post ).
- This feature is not available in all countries.
VIDEOS ON THE TOPIC
PIN THIS FOR LATER